1. User agreement
• By visiting and/or using getabus.com.au website and its associated services and functions (“Website”); or
• This agreement is formed between: anyone who visits this Website, makes a booking, and/or makes a purchase (“you” and “your”) from us; and
• Adrian Jones trading as Getabus (“we”, “us” and “our”).
• If you do not agree to any provisions of this agreement, you must not: use the Website; or make a booking and/or make a purchase from us (“Transaction”).
• We reserve the right to make changes to this agreement from time to time at our sole discretion. By continuing to use the Website following the making of those changes, you agree to be bound by the changes (except in relation to the provision of services already ordered, which will continue to be governed by the agreement in place at the time of ordering). You should check our agreement and policies from time to time, especially when entering into a Transaction, to acquaint yourself with the current versions of those documents.
2. Use of Website by you
• You agree to use the Website only for purposes that are permitted by this agreement and not prevented by any applicable law or
• You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any part of the Website by any means other than through the interface provided by us.
• You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Website or the servers and networks that host
• You agree not to, or attempt to, circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or features
that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Website or the content therein.
• You agree not to use, copy, distribute or commercialise content appearing on the Website except as permitted by this agreement, by law or with our prior written consent.
• You understand and agree that any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement
• The provision of services on the Website does not constitute an offer to sell.
• Orders placed by you are offers to purchase under the terms and conditions in this agreement and our other terms and conditions at
the price or fee specified.
• We reserve the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason (or no reason) including, but not limited to, the unavailability of
any service, an error in the price or description, or an error in your order.
4. Price and Fees
• Unless stated otherwise at the Website, prices and fees are valid only for the specified time period during which the goods or services
are advertised for purchase.
5. Supply of Goods and Services
• Subject to this agreement, we will supply to you the goods and services shown on your order confirmation.
• We reserve the right to use other accredited tour operators to provide our services and will advice you if this is the case.
6. Rules and Regulations
• Seat belts to be worn where seat belts are fitted. The individual will pay the full amount of fines incurred.
• No drugs and no smoking on any of our buses is permitted.
• Offensive behaviour to anyone is not permitted on any of our buses.
7. Cancellation by you
• If you are not able to partake in a tour on the date and time you have booked, you should contact us as no later than 30 days prior to the trip departure.
• Cancellation within 30 days of departure date of the tour will not be refunded, cancellations 30 days prior will be refunded fully.
• Failure to show will result in no moneys returned, we run our tours on a schedule to fit as much in as we can for participants, due to this there will only be a 15 minute grace period from departure times.
8. Cancellation by us
• In some cases we may make alterations to a tour date, price, inclusions, itinerary, minimum numbers, ages etc. We reserve the right to cancel, change, transfer or substitute any tour that you have booked, at any time and for any reason. If you choose not to accept the alternatives offered you will be entitled to a full refund including the booking fee. Notwithstanding the above, if we receive advance notice of a significant change to a tour, we will make a reasonable effort to communicate this to you and to facilitate an amendment of the booking.
• If the tour you have booked is unable to be taken because of weather (as determined by us), it may be rescheduled. If the rescheduled
date is not suitable, you may request, and we will provide a refund but we shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join a tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control. We highly recommend all passengers have travel insurance coverage.
• In some instances, bank fees and exchange rates may mean the amount refunded will be different to the amount originally paid for a tour, particularly in instances where a currency exchange is involved. You acknowledge and accept that we have no control over bank fees or exchange rates and we are unable to accept responsibility for any such discrepancies in refunded amounts.
9. Regarding Return Time:
Please note that in some cases we may not be able to control return or arrival time due to unforseen circumstances on the road.
10. Regarding accommodation
• Rooms at times of booking is confirmed, the owner/management of hotel decide on final room distribution.
• Getabus will follow its tour program as advertised on the website unless clients have asked differently. When we are at our suppliers venue, all clients including Getabus are subject to any changes that our suppliers make and terms of conditions… We will not accept any responsibility due to the changes made by our suppliers as they may be without notice and beyond our control.
Getabus reserve the right to change the itinerary and pick ups of any tour, As time to time there may be the following: Government Roadworks, special events, and anything unforeseen that is beyond our control
Also some of our suppliers are under Government authority and we are subject to the government authority of this country.
11. Regarding National Parks
All national parks are under Victorian Government Control and changes/closures may occur anytime without or with notice. Getabus can’t accept responsibility for any changes that government authorities make. Getabus will find alternatives and will advise clients of these changes.
Getabus while on our tours will do its best to look for Australian wildlife as per itinerary programmes, but we can’t guarantee 100 percent that you will see them.
For clients that continue to turn up late after being asked by our tour manager to come back to the bus on time, we will not accept any
responsibility if you miss out on something during the tour.
12. Minimum Numbers to run a tour:
All tours require a minimum of people to run the tour unless it’s a private tour… If less then the minimum number Getabus will offer alternate dates or refund you the cost in full.
Package tours: These tours start at anytime but need a minimum of 12 people or more to run the tour. When you enquire or book with us and we don’t have enough for that date we will offer alternate dates and if that does not suit the full amount will be refunded. If you want a private package tour then we will run at anytime with any number of people as per agree price.
13. Co-Share Partners
Getabus reserves the right to use other tour accredited operators, Terms and conditions and itineraries of the tour operator may be different from Getabus
15. Travel insurance
We recommend you have travel insurance just in case anything unforeseen happens
16: Pick up locations:
May be changed as we might have to comply with events, or government road closures or any order from the Victorian Government or local authorities.
Hire and Drive Agreement:
Bus Hire Policy
Getabus shall endeavour to provide private and organisations with access to its buses in an equitable system.
Getabus reserves the right to refuse access to persons who it reasonable believes may pose a risk to the safety or wellbeing of other passengers, team members, themselves or the general public.
In the event of a bus being off the road due to unforeseen circumstances Getabus reserves the right to cancel a hire on any given day without sustaining financial implications.
This Service Agreement will cover organisations January to December each year to avoid multiply Service Agreements for each individual hires throughout the year.
It is to be made clear that the service being provided by Getabus is for the hire of the bus only and the hirer must engage the bus driver independently, but according to the provision set out in this agreement.
Conditions of Use
1.1 The buses must remain within a one hundred and fifty kilometre radius of warrnambool unless approved prior to hiring.
1.2 Buses must not be driven to any destination other than those approved at the time of the booking, nor used for any other purpose than that identified in the original hire agreement.
1.3 Buses are not permitted to drive on unsealed roads.
1.4 The organisation/group/person booking the bus is responsible for the behaviour of passengers, and must abide by local laws in regard to behaviour.
1.5 The organisation/group/person booking the bus is responsible for ensuring children in the buses are supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
1.6 The organisation/group/person booking the bus is responsible for ensuring all rules and regulations required by law are implemented eg wearing of seat belts and securing any walkers or wheelchairs securely and correctly.
1.7 The Driver will be Free from illicit drugs or alcohol and will be 0.0 during the time off hire.
1.8 The driver will be required to complete a log book sheet if travelling 100km or more.
Driver – Provided by Hirer
2.1 All Bus Drivers must hold a current licence applicable by the size of the bus being hired at a minium. Getabus can offer a list of drivers that hold this licence and have undergone training to enable them to be suitable to drive the bus. If an approved driver is not available, hire of the bus maybe not approved and or terminated.
2.2 Once your organisation/group/person hires a bus and has an approved driver, this driver/s will be hired by your organisation/group/person. This driver during the hire period is not an employee from Getabus hire or volunteer during this time.
2.3 The bus/s must not be driven by any person other than the person nominated at the time of booking via the original Hire Agreement.
2.4 The driver/s shall be liable for all traffic infringements incurred whilst the vehicle is under his/her authority.
2.5 It is the hirer’s obligation absolutely to engage independent of a driver of the bus.
3.1 The buses do not have provision for large amounts of luggage. Hirer’s are permitted to take hand luggage only on the buses. No items are permitted to block the bus aisle. A trailer can be towed for such luggage if towing equipment available on the bus.
3.2 Smoking, eating and drinking is prohibited on all buses.
3.3 The vehicle shall be returned at the agreed time, as identified in the original hire agreement. Buses must be housed at approved premises each night.
3.4 The vehicle shall be returned in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so shall incur a $50 cleaning fee.
3.5 The vehicle shall be returned with a full tank of fuel if not been discussed pevously.
3.6 For the safety of passengers, we provide the following equipment on all vehicles;
Fire Extinguisher/s/First Aid Kit/Safety Bin bags
Should any of the resources requiring replacement, eg first aid equipment, be used during the hire, the hirer must report such usage so that they may be replaced immediately.
Accident. Loss, Damage of Property
4.1 Accident Procedure:
If a person is injured contact emergency services immediately
All accidents MUST be reported to the police within 24 hours and to Getabus
The Driver/Hirer must notify immediately of any accident/damage to the bus.
The Hirer group is responsible for the cost of the current vehicle insurance excess applied via our insurance policies. This amount being payable within 14 days of the incident/damage occurring.
vehicles are insured. The occupants of the vehicles are insured by Compulsory Third Party Insurance. Incidents occurring outside the vehicle or as a result of negligence of the hirer or their agent shall be covered by the hirer’s insurance coverage.
The full cost of repair of damage caused by passengers will be the responsibility of the hirer and payable within 14 days.
Getabus and or its representatives shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property belonging either to the hirer or any person or passenger using or travelling on the vehicle when hired.
Getabus takes no responsibility whatsoever in respect to any loss, injury or damage to any person or their property caused by the negligence of the driver.
• This agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria, Australia.
• If any part of this agreement is found to be void, unlawful or unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severable from the balance of this agreement and the severed part will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Getabus accepts no responsibility for those that fail to read the terms and conditions.
Thank you, Getabus